Monday, August 16, 2010

Super Summer Sunday Salad Supper.....Salmon


I'm still battling these tiny photos but hopefully you can tell this week's salad featured salmon! We love salmon but hardly ever make it at home for some reason. This was a great way to incorporate the delicious Omega-3 packed fish without breaking the bank on whole filets. We bought just 1/2 a lb. and it was more than enough when it was all flaked and in the salad. Starting, as usual, with baby spinach I then added blue cheese. The salmon was baked for 20 minutes at 400 alongside our asparagus, that also got roasted. Both of those were simply dressed with some salt, pepper and EVOO. Man, do we love us some asparagus! This was my first asparagus roasting experience but it surely won't be my last. It was quite tasty. I would have also enjoyed pine nuts on this salad for a little more crunch but pine nuts are expensive, people. $6.00 for a tiny little container. Pass. I whisked up my own balsamic vinaigrette and voila my 9th summer salad supper. It was a hit at Chez G!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!