Monday, March 5, 2012

No Sweat Sweater Re-fashion Week: Cable Knit Pillow


Welcome to No Sweat Sweater Re-fashion Week at
Ashley See, Ashley Does!

If you're like me, you probably have a bunch of sweaters that are just one wear away from the Goodwill pile. Let's do something about that, shall we? This series is designed to help you repurpose those sweaters so that you don't have to give them up completely. The fixes are low to no cost and easy to do! Cheap and easy, sign me up!

Let's get started!


I was really sad to cut up this sweater. I love a good cable knit. It was still in good shape but unfortunately, it accidentally met the dryer one too many times and was far too short for my torso.

Sweater covered pillows are everywhere these days. Observe......



The Company Store






 They always seem so cozy! While magenta isn't really a color that fits into my home decor in a more prominent room, it does happen to be an accent color in my craft room. I purchased a pillow form for $6.00 (half off!) at Joann's. I wanted a small lumbar pillow to lean against while I sew. It was something like 9"x14". I'm hoping it will help me remember to sit back instead of hunch over when stitching.




Save those sleeves for later, people. You'll see them again!



Shove your pillow form through the opening you left on the top seam.




Don't know how to do a blind (slip) stitch? This is a good picture tutorial.
And........Ta da!










Don't have a sewing machine? Get out your needle and thread and do it by hand. It will take a little longer than the 30 minutes (max) it took me but it's only two seams. Get stitching!

Come back tomorrow for a refashion of the canine persuasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!