Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Books Read in 2011

I knew pretty early on in the year that I wouldn't make it to 50 books read last year. I wasn't really aiming for that number because I was focusing more on quality and new authors. Don't worry, I slipped some fluff in there too. Sometimes your brain just needs a break. So, if you're looking for something to read this year before I start reviewing even more books, here you go!


1) The Fiery Cross, Diana Gabaldon
2) Ford County, John Grisham
3) A Reliable Wife, Richard Goolrick
4) Native Tongue, Carl Hiaasen
5) Medium Raw, Anthony Bourdain
6) The Confession, John Grisham
7) The Secrets of People Who Never Get Sick, Gene Stone
8) Corduroy Mansions, Alexander McCall Smith
9) The Red Garden, Alice Hoffman
10) Mini-Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella
11) Hell's Corner, David Baldacci
12) Clara and Mr. Tiffany, Susan Vreeland
13) Left Neglected, Lisa Genova
14) The Camel Club, David Baldacci
15) The Collectors, David Baldacci
16) Two Kisses for Maddy, Matt Logelin
17) A Breath of Snow and Ashes, Diana Gabaldon
18) All Together Dead, Charlaine Harris
19) If You Were Here, Jen Lancaster
20) The Duggars: 20 and Counting, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
21) From Dead to Worse, Charlaine Harris
22) YOU: On a Diet, Drs. Mehmet Oz and Michael Roizen
23) All Over But the Shoutin', Rick Bragg
24) Money Class, Suze Orman
25) An Echo in the Bone, Diana Gabaldon
26) Bossy Pants, Tina Fey
27) Sarah's Key, Tatiana de Rosnay
28) City of Thieves, David Benioff
29) The Paris Wife, Paula McClain
30) Dead and Gone, Charlaine Harris
31) Dead in the Family, Charlaine Harris
32) Dead Reckoning, Charlaine Harris
33) Divine Justice, David Baldacci
34) Smokin' Seventeen, Janet Evanovich
35) A Stolen Life, Jaycee Dugard
36) Drama: An Actor's Education, John Lithgow
37) What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, Haruki Murakami
38) Born to Run, Christopher McDougall
39) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, J.K. Rowling
40) Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson
41) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling
42) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J. K. Rowling



 Not too shabby, if you ask me. Especially if you know the size of some of these books. I would say, as a whole, the series really did it for me this year. I enjoyed the Outlander, Sookie Stackhouse, and Harry Potter books probably more than any others. Funniest was Bossypants and most interesting was probably Sarah's Key. Other than that, none of them are really jumping out at me as total favorites. Oh well, onto more books. Never enough reading!

Big shout out to my library! I didn't pay for a single book on this list.


And if you need even MORE to read....... Books from 2010, Books from 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!