Monday, January 7, 2013

Books I Read in 2012

In previous years, I set a goal of 50 reads. I met those goals but I didn't want to put a number on it this year. I kept selecting large, long books from the library and those just take a lot longer to get through than the fluffy, smaller books. But, I still did a bunch of reading.

Check it Out!

 1) The Marriage Plot, Jeffrey Eugenides -- * *
 2) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, J.K. Rowling -- * * * *
 3) Stories I Only Tell My Friends, Rob Lowe -- * * *
 4) The Litigators, John Grisham -- * * 1/2
 5) The Lover's Dictionary, David Levithan -- * * * *
 6) Cane River, Lalita Tademy -- * * * 1/2
 7) Three Cups of Deceit, Jon Krakauer -- * * * 1/2
 8) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J. K. Rowling -- * * * *
 9) Explosive Eighteen, Janet Evanovich -- * 1/2
10) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Seth Grahame-Smith -- * * 1/2
11) RUN!, Dean Karnazes -- * * * 1/2
12) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, J.K. Rowling -- * * * *
13) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling -- * * * *
14) American Sniper, Chris Kyle -- * *
15) The Bronze Horseman, Paullina Simon -- * * * *
16) Food Matters, Mark Bittman -- * * *
17) Your Best Body Now, Tosca Reno -- * *
18) One Day, David Nicholls -- * * *
19) Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, Mindy Kaling -- * * * 1/2
20) My Jesus Year, Benyamin Cohen -- * * 1/2
21) I Hate Everyone....Starting With Me, Joan Rivers -- * 1/2
22) In One Person, John Irving -- * * * *
23) This Is How, Augusten Burroughs -- * * * 1/2
24) The Skinny Rules, Bob Harper -- * * *
25) Most Talkative, Andy Cohen -- * * 1/2
26) Still Missing, Chevy Stevens -- * * * 1/2
27) American Heiress, Daisy Goodwin -- * * * 1/2
28) Ultramarathon Man, Dean Karnazes -- * * * 1/2
29) Bloom, Kelle Hampton -- * * * 1/2
30) The Maze Runner, James Dashner -- * * * *
31) Tatiana and Alexander, Paullina Simons -- * * * 1/2
32) Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Jenny Lawson -- * * 1/2
33) Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn -- * * * *
34) The Scorch Trials, James Dashner -- * * * *
35) The Death Cure, James Dashner -- * * * 1/2
36) Kiss the Girls, James Patterson -- * * *
37) The Passage, Justin Cronin -- * * * *
38) The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling -- * * 1/2
39) Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, Cheryl Strayed -- * * * *

Looking for something to read? Start with the 4 star books and work your way down. That should keep you busy for awhile.

I read a couple others that I never reviewed so my total for the year was actually 43. Not too shabby. I also changed the format of my reviews halfway through the year. I thought it was more succinct to give you the Good Reads' synopsis and then my opinion. More succinct and easier on me anyway. Hopefully you like it that way. If you aren't on Good Reads, get to it! Lots of good book suggestions on there.

You know what the most exciting thing about reading in 2013 is?

A brand new KINDLE FIRE!!!


It was a tablet kind of Christmas at Household de G. John got me the Kindle and I got him an ipad. Pretty exciting stuff! I've already downloaded books onto it and wouldn't you know it, I finally made it to the top of the hold list for 3 actual books that I've been waiting for several months to read. I haven't even gotten to read anything on the Kindle yet! Don't worry, I'll remedy that as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!