Wednesday, January 5, 2011

51 Reads of 2010

In 2009, I read 50 books. If you want to revisit that list, you can do so here. This was quite a feat for me and I was rather proud of the accomplishment. However, not all the books were of the best quality. My goal in 2010 was quality, not quantity. Sure, I still had some easy reads in there (more than I care to cop to) but I also had a number of works of nonfiction and also some VERY LARGE reads of more than 1,000 pages. Towards the end of the year, I realized I was super close to 50 books again. I'm not sure how that happened but I read feverishly to try to match last year's number.......And I did IT! Actually, I surpassed it.

Ashley's 51 Reads of 2010

  1. Official Book Club Selection (Kathy Griffin)
  2. Eclipse (Stephanie Meyer)
  3. South of Broad (Pat Conroy )***
  4. The Road (Cormac McCarthy
  5. Living Dead in Dallas (Charlaine Harris)
  6. The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown)
  7. Push (Sapphire)
  8. Catching Fire (Suzanne Collins) *******
  9. Mennonite in a Little Black Dress (Rhoda Janzen)
  10. The Help (Kathryn Stockett) ***
  11. Food Rules (Michael Pollan)
  12. Committed (Elizabeth Gilbert)
  13. Breaking Dawn (Stephanie Meyer)
  14. The Art of Racing in the Rain (Garth Stein)
  15. Moloka'i (Alan Brennert)
  16. Club Dead (Charlaine Harris)
  17. Columbine (Dave Cullen) ***
  18. The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry (Kathleen Flinn)
  19. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson) ***
  20. Losing Mum and Pup (Christopher Buckley)
  21. Little Bee (Chris Cleave)
  22. House Rules (Jodi Picoult)
  23. Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (Chelsea Handler)
  24. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) ***
  25. Cruising Confidential (Brian David Bruns)
  26. The Girl Who Played With Fire (Stieg Larsson) ***
  27. This Book is Overdue (Marilyn Johnson)
  28. Dragonfly in Amber (Diana Gabaldon)
  29. My Fair Lazy (Jen Lancaster)
  30. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Stieg Larsson) ***
  31. Dead to the World (Charlaine Harris)
  32. Sizzling Sixteen (Janet Evanovich)
  33. How Did You Get This Number? (Sloane Crosley)
  34. Loving Frank (Nancy Horan) ***
  35. Will Grayson, Will Grayson (John Green/David Levithan)
  36. I Was Told There'd Be Cake (Sloane Crosley)
  37. Mockingjay (Suzanne Collins) ***
  38. Uncharted Territori (Tori Spelling)
  39. Voyager (Diana Gabaldon) ***
  40. Drums of Autumn (Diana Gabaldon) ***
  41. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (Tucker Max)
  42. Orange is the New Black (Piper Kerman)
  43. Hotel On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet (Jamie Ford)
  44. Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk (David Sedaris)
  45. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake (Aimee Bender)
  46. The Sky is Everywhere (Jandy Nelson)
  47. Spoken From the Heart (Laura Bush)
  48. Dead as a Doornail (Charlaine Harris)
  49. Ape House (Sara Gruen)
  50. Decision Points (George W. Bush)
  51. Definitely Dead (Charlaine Harris)

For 2011, I'm not going to put a limit on myself. What I am going to challenge myself to do is discover new authors or new-to-me authors. Of course I have my favorites but there are so many books. SO MANY! I really need to try to branch out a bit. I'm sure I'll still read some that I'm familiar with (my first read in 2011, for instance) but I will be making a concerted effort to expand my reading horizons.

P.S. The ones with asterisks are the ones I really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!