Thursday, March 8, 2012

No Sweat Sweater Re-fashion Week: Boot Socks


I love my Hunter Wellies. I got them on ebay so I didn't pay the ridiculous $125 price tag that comes attached to them. Everyone should have a good pair of rain boots. You have no idea how often they've come in handy. Just tuck your pants into them and head out in the rain. They're equally as useful in snow. Especially slushy, wet snow which my Uggs really don't care for. I'm a bit of a boot monger. The only problem wearing Hunters in snow is that they have no insulation.

You can pay $40 for these fleece socks at Nordstrom.........


Source


or you can make your own! I'm sure you saw that coming. I didn't make full socks so they're really leg warmers but that also means they're more versatile! The leg warmers don't need the wellies to be worn. You can wear them on their own too.



Remember the pink, cotton cable knit sweater from earlier this week?





And I told you to hang onto those sleeves? I hope you did.




Slide the sleeve on your calf to check the fit. Pin excess sweater on the back seem to desired snugness.



You should still have the ribbed bottom band from the sweater left over. Cut along side seams so you have two pieces of equal length.




With wrongsides together, sew the ribbed band forming a tube so you have a joined circle.




Now, turn your leg warmer rightside out and flip the band over the top of the warmer. Slide those suckers on your legs and marvel at how warm your calves are.


Hi Sadie




Do you feel like a ballerina yet? You know, because dancers wear leg warmers....never mind. Of course you don't have to wear them down around your heel. If you push up the bottoms they'll be a lot slouchier.

In my boots!


Trying to avoid stepping in Sadie piles

Please note that the jeans add another rather bulky layer as these aren't my skinniest pair. Over leggings/jeggings, you won't get the bunching you see here.

Now, isn't free better than $40? It is in my book. Go make your own!

~I might link up this week to Tatertots & Jello, Six Sisters' Stuff, Sisters of the Wild West, and more!~



3 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing.

    I would love for you to check out and follow my craft blog so that we can continue sharing ideas.

    Your newest follower,
    Sarah@
    www.dottedlinecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pink. such a cute idea! I also am having a Sunday Blog Hop and would love for you to link up your fun blog!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-blog-hop-4_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea!! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!