Sunday, August 21, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #33

Just one this week, guys. We went north to our hometown last weekend (more on that later in the week) and dinners when menu planning were of the easy persuasion.


Key Lime Pie Fudge: I know, I know. The name of this recipe makes you give it the side eye. Key lime pie....fudge? People, do not let this deter you from making this recipe. I was headed to my 80's Zumba Party (more on that later too!) and wanted to bring a dessert. I bookmark and save all of these dessert/candy/cookie recipes knowing full well that it will be a LONG time before I can make them. The problem is, if I make a pan full of brownies, John and I will eat a pan full of brownies. I have to wait for events in which to bring the sweets to. Then, we can enjoy some at home and share with others. You should know, freezing doesn't work. We are a shameful couple who will eat frozen cake before it's thawed. We have no willpower. NONE! I should have found a husband who craved salty instead of sweet. Then, if he didn't partake in late night sweet-eating, I wouldn't either. I digress. This recipe is "healthy". Only 82 calories per 1 inch square of fudge. Let's be honest, who can eat just one square? I had never made fudge before if you can believe it. This recipe has two parts, crust and fudge, but it came together really quickly. Please please please. If you are a fan of key lime pie, make.This.FUDGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!