Sunday, December 15, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Crockpot Cheddar Beer Chicken Tacos

This recipe comes from one of my favorite bloggers over at How Sweet It Is. It called to me because it was for the crockpot and I love a good slow cooked meal.

Crockpot Cheddar Beer Chicken Tacos: I really liked the mix of seasoning in this. No sodium-riddled taco packet here. No, sir. I ended up using 6 chicken breasts instead of 4 so we could have this for three nights but I didn't increase the amount of seasoning and it turned out just fine. For the beer, I used a leftover amber red ale which added to the full-bodied flavor. After 8 hours, this came out super moist and just fell apart while shredding. Wrap it up in a tortilla and you've got yourself a tasty dish!


P.S. The other night at 7:00 pm, I was tucked under a blanket, drinking sleepytime tea and knitting. Basically, I aged 50 years overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!