Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sewing Victory!

No joke, I've had the fabric for these pants and they have been all sewed up to the hems and waistband for 5 years. FIVE YEARS, they have languished in my fabric bin getting carted from apartment to apartment. No more! I say. Also, "no more" to the 2 pairs of dress pants (one mine, one John's) that have been casually draped over one of the dining room chairs for a few weeks now. I'm a slacker, what can I say. Anyway, I fixed the rip in John's pants and the hem on mine. Then, I remembered a pair of corduroys that are pretty flood-y, so I went ahead and let the hem down on those too. Being on such a roll, I pulled out those 2 pairs of nearly finished PJ pants and went to work. I even practiced a new stitch on my machine with the one pair...serging! This is really exciting and I think I need to research all the possibilities that a serger can offer. Sorry I didn't take any close ups of the serging. Next time. I think it'd be cute around placements. Anyway, here's the fabric.
On the left is a seafoam green flannel print of takeout boxes and fortune cookies. The fortune says, "Your future is bright." On the right is a dark madras plaid that's really lightweight. And check out the finished products! They're big and baggy, just the way I like my PJ's. No, I'm not a heifer, they are really big on me, intentionally. And so, after the last debacle, I think at least my sewing future now really IS bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!