Sunday, July 17, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #28

This was kind of a crazy week. Maybe you noticed my absence. Maybe you didn't. Either way, despite out of town visitors and a death in the family, I still tried a new recipe. The streak continues!

Baked Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach: Doesn't that recipe title just sound healthy? I really like pasta meals that fill up an entire 9x13 pan. Because there are only two of us, these feed us for 3 nights, or 2 plus freezing. I love leftovers because as much as I love cooking, I don't like cooking dinner every single night. Our weeknight schedules are pretty full because we both have to work out and shower when we get home. If I threw in cooking dinner, we wouldn't eat until after 8:00 pm. Not good. What IS good is this recipe. Full of fiber! Especially if you use whole wheat pasta, which we always do. The spinach selection at Kroger wasn't looking so pretty so I substituted frozen chopped spinach instead. Plus it was cheaper! I thought it fit well with this recipe. We actually made this a night ahead and did the baking the next night. The recipe also gives instruction for freezing. This is a good, hearty, meatless meal. Cheap and easy to make. Who doesn't love cheap and easy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!