Monday, January 13, 2014

This Week's Things

This past week I was fighting a sore throat. By Friday, I noticed some white spots on the bright redness and got myself to the Minute Clinic, FAST. Two throat cultures later and luckily it was not strep. Then I felt really dumb for panicking but I hate being sick. Healthy is my middle name! Throat cultures are still the worst. THE worst. I lived through my fair share as a child and hoped never to repeat that task. Oh well.

Is anyone else stupid excited to do their taxes? I happen to LOVE doing taxes and watching that refund go up, up, up. Helllllooooo new floors!

I'm waiting for the cutest mint green case for my iphone to arrive. I ordered it on Amazon and while it shipped last Friday, my estimated delivery is between February 5th and February 24th. Good things I'm not in a hurry because it seems Amazon is now using carrier pigeons for delivery.

Several years ago, I got big into scrapbooking. I loved the albums I made and cherish them still. But you know what? Scrapbooking is super time consuming. The last major project I did was my honeymoon over 5 years ago. I didn't even have enough steam to scrapbook the actual wedding. Now I have all this paper and stickers and punches and I'm not sure what to do with them. I guess there's a chance I might pick it up again? But more than likely, not. P.S. The more times you type the word 'scrap' the more you will be convinced it is a made up word and/or is spelled incorrectly.

Last Sunday when I was reading the paper, Sadie barked so loudly at nothing outside and it scared the crap out of me. I yelled at her a lot and put her in a stronghold. She looked at me with the saddest eyes that I ended up giving her a new toy to say I was sorry. I'm not a very good bad cop.

Can we talk about how John and I went bowling with friends this past weekend and I actually broke 100? My high score for the day was 102. This is huge! I am, in general, a pretty terrible bowler. The lanes were really junky and the clientele around us was pretty trashy. But, isn't that to be expected at most bowling alleys? I hope I haven't offended any bowlers out there. Also, the shoes I rented were already warm when I put them on so any fungus was for sure still alive during the 2 hours they spent on my feet.

I also tried Indian food and really liked everything I had. Broadening horizons is fun! But it was a buffet and I have a no-holds barred approach to buffets. That's probably why I never go to them. At home, I am the bomb at portion control. In public, not so much.


OK, I'm tapped out.

Did you do anything fun this weekend? Try anything new? TELL ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!