Monday, July 28, 2014

Recipe Reblog: Grilled Corn & Crab Salad

This recipe for Grilled Corn & Crab Salad with Summer Ale Cilantro Vinaigrette from The Beeroness came across my blog feed and I knew I had to make it! Seemed like a perfect summery meal using local fresh corn and also tomatoes from my garden. I did make one major change in that I omitted the crab. I like crab but I wanted to serve this as a side dish for grilled chicken and I didn't feel like I also needed crab in there. I also skipped the avocado. I know, I know. But really, avocado is not my favorite. To me it's best in a good guacamole but not so much by itself.

The vinaigrette mixed up quickly and was full of flavor. I really liked the addition of the summer ale. It gave it a nice effervescence. Next time, I'll use a little less olive oil. Grill up your corn ahead of time so that it's chilled when you mix it all together. Then, ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!