Sunday, February 22, 2009

Move over, Martha

Yea, I finished a project! Last weekend, I went a little crazy at the JoAnn's President's Day sale. I spent $38 and came out with 5 patterns and enough fabric to make 3 dresses, a jacket, and an apron. Wow, right? So I dusted off my trusty Kenmore (doesn't have the same ring as a Singer, does it?) and got to work. I was cutting out the pattern for the first dress which proved difficult as Sadie was very interested in what I was doing and walked all over it. I have decided I will instead cut the dresses on my lunch hour at the office.

Thus, I moved onto another project. The apron.
It's a hostess apron from Simplicity #3752. Here is the fabric I selected:

And then I got busy! I just love cutting fabric. This is why I aspire to work at JoAnn's when I retire. I could cut fabric all day! This pattern required teaching myself how to make ruffles. Luckily, it wasn't that difficult and now I am a ruffle master. I was having trouble with my bobbin thread, which was annoying, and I ended up having to re-ruffle one of the layers multiple times. BOO! But, I think it all paid off in the end.















And here it is on me, with a freshly bathed Sadie! Don't look at my baggy sweatpants and purple shirt. I didn't really do much with my hair or face today so I asked to be shot waist down. What do you think? Can I host with this little number on or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!