Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Recipe, yes. New hair product, NO!

I tried a new recipe for dinner yesterday and it was a big thumbs up! It was a Mexican lasagna. I did it with ground turkey instead of ground beef and all ingredients, except the cheese, were fat free. Thanks, Kraft! I really like the Kraft website for easy recipe searching and finding healthy new recipes. See the Enchilada Bake for yourself and try some others too!

I tried a new hair product today as well. When I ordered my normal moisturizer at Kiehls.com a few months back they also sent some free samples, as they often do. I enjoy Kiehl's because their products, while a tad on the pricey side, are always worth the money. I specifically love the tinted moisturizer with spf. You should check it out! Anyway, today I applied their Creme with Silk Groom to damp hair. It was very thick when I squeezed it out and it's possible I got too much on my hands but I went for it anyway. I worked it into my hair and started drying, which seemed like it was taking FOREVER. Then I realized the parts that were dry were sticking straight out like mental patient hair. By the time I finished drying, which took twice as long as normal, my hair was weighed down and looked greasy. So the entire day my head felt gross and I had to hide the business with a headband. Not the perfect disguise but at least my roots weren't hanging out there screaming, "Hey! I'm oily." So, this was a product FAIL. I don't know if maybe I was supposed to rinse it out before drying but the directions did not indicate anything of that nature. Thanks but no thanks, Kiehl's, for this free sample. Hopefully the other 2 I got will redeem you. I still love your moisturizer and lip balm. Maybe your hair products just aren't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!