Monday, June 24, 2013

Sum-sum-summertime

You guys. The fourth of July is right around the corner and I have only just yesterday made it to the pool for the first time. Tragic. I feel like the 4th is an unofficial demarcation of summer's halfway point and it's all downhill from there. This is a sad theory because I haven't really had a chance to enjoy summer yet. We don't typically take a summer vacation because we have the flexibility to travel in the cheaper, less crowded seasons but I am jonesing for a beach trip. Fully aware that I just took the trip of the lifetime, mind you. But, there's no better relaxation than catching some rays near (or on) a body of water. Nothing is booked but that doesn't mean I haven't been sniffing out the deals.

Here's something summery I did do recently.


It's homemade watermelon sorbet! I got an ice cream make for Christmas but hadn't pressed it into action. Hotter temps mean frozen treats are a necessity. In addition to the watermelon sorbet, I also made plain chocolate (Delicious!) and vanilla with white chocolate M&M's mixed in. I even lightened them up and made both of those fat free. Hooray!!! Now, if only all the sugar I added didn't have any calories...... Rest assured, if you come to my house in the next few months, you'll be served homemade ice cream. Now accepting requests of flavors! I also discovered you can make your own wine slushies in said ice cream maker. Watch out!

I hope you fine people are enjoying your summer more than I've had the opportunity to enjoy mine. From here on out, I promise to focus on doing summery things. The next several weekends are booked with fun family times so maybe that will help me spring into summer.

P.S. Today is my dad's birthday! He doesn't read my blog because he's too cool for that but.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!