Monday, October 7, 2013

Murder in Belleville

I have been pining for Europe these days. Whenever I see a commercial with the Eiffel Tower in it, my heart clenches wistfully and I start looking up flight prices knowing full well that France is not in the cards any time soon. I knew I would fall in love on our anniversary trip earlier this year. I did not know I would fall this hard.
Thus, I wanted to read something set in Paris to help me reminisce a bit. No, I did not witness any murders while there but I thought Murder in Belleville would do, all the same. It’s the second book in Cara Black's Aimee Leduc series, the first having been unavailable at the time.

Source

Good Reads’ Synopsis: "Tension runs high in this working-class neighborhood as a hunger strike to protest strict immigration laws escalates among the Algerian immigrants. Aimée barely escapes death in a car bombing in this tale of terrorism and greed in the shadows of Paris."

What I Thought: Well, this was just okay. I loved all the city descriptions and I like a good murder mystery but this didn’t hold my interest all that well. Starting on the second book in the series was probably a bad idea as well having missed out on much exposition. I’d like to go back and read Murder in the Marais and see if I can forge on with the series as there are several after this one. For now, skip it.
Rating: * * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!