Sunday, October 20, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Apple Cider Donut Muffins

I've got a fall recipe here for you today. It IS fall after all, right?

Apple Cider Donut Muffins: I woke up last Sunday wanting muffins. It had been quite awhile since I made baked goods for breakfast so I marched myself down to the kitchen and got to work. I found this recipe on Pinterest and, luckily, had all ingredients on hand. As usual, I cut it in half and it still yielded 18 mini muffins. No matter. John downed 4 in a matter of minutes. I subbed in all whole wheat flour. They were denser because of this but I didn't mind. I also skipped the sugar topping and mixed up my own glaze instead.

Maple Glaze

3-4 Tbsp Confectioners' Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup

Whisk until fully mixed and appropriate glaze-like consistency is achieved.

Then, eat and say "holy cow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!