Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

I moved my way up the library hold list for The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest at a surprising rate. I was ecstatic to receive the e-mail that it was waiting for me last week. This is Stieg Larsson's final book in the Millennium series that he turned in before he passed away unexpectedly. He never saw them published but boy am I glad he wrote them in succession and turned them in all together. If you are planning on reading this series or have yet to make it through the second book, you should skip this synopsis. Just keep on reading!!!

Hornet's Nest picks up where Girl Who Played with Fire leaves off. Lisbeth Salander is near death and has just been found by Mikael Blomkvist. Her attempt on her father's, Russian spy, human trafficker and all-around bad guy Alexander Zalachenko, life has failed so they are both being brought to the same hospital. From there, Lisbeth has a long road to recovery having been shot multiple times and buried alive by her half-brother, who is now on the run after having killed a cop. Meanwhile, she faces serious charges of assault against Zalachenko and other random goons. Blomkvist begins a mad rush to clear her name, find out who is behind a secret faction of the Security Police called the Section, and keep his magazine at the media forefront.

That was brief, again, because I don't want to give it all away but if you've read the other two, you'll love this one. I think it was my favorite of the three. I'm sad there are no more. I really enjoy this thriller genre. I think I ought to seek out some more of this theme to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!