Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm back!

.....to running that is. I got my orthotic inserts re-fitted and picked them up last Monday. At first, they made my feet hurt just as badly as before and I was beyond frustrated. I was able to make it through about 45 minutes of zumba without foot pain. But, that wasn't good enough for me. I haven't gotten the bill from my podiatrist yet but you can bet your sweet bippy that it won't be cheap. He should fix my foot, right?

Well, Sunday here was just gorgeous. The whole weekend really. Sunny and 60's. I decided to try running outside. I haven't really run outside since my first and only 5K in July. The running I've done on my indoor track has been minimal, and not without pain. I thought maybe I could work through the pain. You don't know until you try, right? And then I realized something that made me feel like the biggest idiot in the world. My new inserts are thicker so I can't tie my shoes as tightly. I loosened my laces and off I went. 30 minutes outside and NO PAIN! I was smiling by the end of the run because my foot didn't hurt a lick. I probably looked like a fool but I didn't care. My pace was awful but I didn't care about that either. The only downside is that the weather will turn to cold for outdoor running (for me anyway) soon, but at least I can continue inside. YEA!

In other news, I've got to snap out of this funk I'm in. I'm really hoping our upcoming Texas trip will help. That and 8 days off from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!