Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Wedding Girl

I thought The Wedding Girl was Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham's newest book because it was on my library's Express shelf. I was wrong. It came out something like 10 years ago. Oh well. It's the story of Milly Havill who goes through a secret green card wedding as a favor for a friend and then fails to divorce prior to her upcoming nuptials to Simon, her wealthy fiance. Throw in a sister with problems of her own, a set of parents with a crumbling marriage and an overbearing wedding planning mother and you've got yourself a nutty little novel. Milly's secret unravels just days before the wedding. What's a bride to do?

This was a cute one. If you're a fan of the Shopaholic series, also by Kinsella, you'll like this one too. I was thinking it was pretty predictable but there were a couple twists I wasn't expecting that I was pleased to find. It's a light read that's entertaining. So, if you're into those kinds of books, pick The Wedding Girl up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!