Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Je suis retourne.....

I haven't taken French since college but according to Google Translator, "I returned." The cruise was great!! I do plan to give a detailed trip report but there's a ton going on Chez G these days. This vacation was really the calm before the storm. We close on the house in less than 2 weeks. AHHH! In one month, we move in permanently. In between we'll be packing, painting, cleaning, sweating. I hope my blogging won't be too terribly sporadic. If nothing else, I'll still be bringing you my awesome book reviews.

I have really done it to myself in the book department. I finished Mockingjay (!) on the cruise. Read about that here tomorrow. And I started the next book in the Outlander series which I'm way into. But, when I logged into my library account, I realized there was another book waiting for me AND I still have 2 at home to read in one week. These are un-renewable so I'm left with 2 options: 1) Return them without reading them, or 2) Pay the fine. Even though they don't, I always feel like the librarians are giving me the stinkeye when they tell me I have a fine. Or a third secret option: put down my current read for the next 7 days and read the other two like a fiend. I think I pick door #3 but with everything else, it will be quite a challenge. I'm always up for a challenge though, right? Especially a challenge of a reading nature. Love.To.Read!

I can only blog to you all tonight because I've packed my 3 requisite boxes. John and I have packed for 2 evenings now, just random stuff. We already have 10 paper boxes stacked in the dining room and it doesn't even feel like we packed anything. Just cookbooks, table linens and other things John took care of. I think I'll be very glad we're hiring movers.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!