Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Was Told There'd Be Cake

I Was Told There'd Be Cake is Sloane Crosley's first book of essays. If you'll remembered, I just read her sophomore effort How Did You Get This Number? I'm not sure which one I liked more but I just love this title. I think I mentioned before that this is an utterance John often hears from my mouth. It's usually in reference to some sort of family function where I was told there'd be cake thus being the sole reason for my attendance. I digress.

I don't have much of a review to write about this one. It was funny. I laughed out loud a few times. She has these quirky one liners that are hysterical. I really find Crosley a relatable story teller. She's around my age, maybe that helps. But, this reads like you're talking to a good friend with great tales to tell. If you're looking for a laugh. Check this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!