Sunday, May 12, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken

Back to crocking this week with a slightly belated Cinco de Mayo type recipe!

Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken

This is another recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes and it is a keeper! If you're unfamiliar with salsa verde, it's salsa made with green tomatillos instead of regular old tomatoes. It is not spicy but it does have a different flavor (a GOOD different) than regular salsa. I used the Kroger brand of salsa verde so you don't have to get anything fancy here. Target's brand Archer Farms has one as well. The other ingredients you can definitely find in your spice cabinet. I made this overnight using frozen chicken breasts. Yes, I put the frozen chicken in, threw on all the other ingredients and voila! I would double the amount of spices it calls for though, just to punch it up a bit.

After it was done cooking, I shredded the chicken and put it in tortillas. Stuck those under the broiler and voila again, dinner!


Happy Mother's Day!!! 


I don't get to be with any of my mothers today but I'll sure be thinking about them. Don't forget to call your mom and all the special ladies in your life. You wouldn't be here with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!