Monday, August 4, 2014

Already?

Oh, heeeeeyyyy August.

Where did you come from? Just like every month this year I am shocked when the calendar flips over. I have no idea where July went. But I also have no clue where June, May, April, you get the picture, went either.

Here's something I did realize this weekend. I have no plans for August. None. I have no social obligations until Labor Day weekend. Normally I would be freaking out about this but when John pleaded, "don't plan anything," I agreed not to. We have been go go go for the past several months (probably why they move so quickly). It'll be nice to slow down and just relax for a little bit.

We haven't tackled any house projects at all this year really so perhaps something like that is in order. Or maybe I can accomplish something on my summer bucket list, none of which has been touched. These are not difficult tasks: go for a hike, play putt putt, ride bikes to the ice cream stand, get John to the pool with me. Classic summer fare. We just haven't had time to do any of it. Time's a wasting!

You want to hear an unrelated strange story? John and I were at JC Penney's yesterday looking for a dress to wear to a wedding. I had on a polo shirt and seersucker skirt. A woman came up to me and said, "I just have to tell you, you look really nice today." I was a little taken aback but said thank you for the compliment, of course. She went on and on about how she likes to wear outfits like this but sometimes she thinks she's too old. She also said you feel better when you dress up and she asked if John treats me better when I wear a skirt, which I thought was really odd. Here's the kicker. She said to remember to wear a skirt or a dress when you want to manipulate someone and that it would help me get what I wanted. Um....okay? She was a nice, older woman but, weird, right?

Anyway, make it a great Monday out there!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to be part of your activities. 'til we meet again.
    ww

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!