Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tales of an Office Bathroom - Part 7

You know what I think I hate more than bathroom talkers? Walking into a bathroom that stinks to high heaven. I realize this is a hazard of using the restroom. Not everything comes out smelling like roses. It’s just a fact of human nature. There is something to be said, however, for not fouling up a public restroom. Others don’t buy into this. Oh, a public toilet? Let’s see what I can produce to make the next person’s visit as unpleasant as possible, they think. I think what’s even worse than walking into a particularly pungent restroom, however, is walking into the stall that has clearly just been vacated by the offender and thus making you the offendee. It’s like sitting in the scene of the crime, right? The smell just envelopes you and you try to hurry things up so you can get the heck outta there. At least, I do.

True story. One of my employees told me the other day that when he was washing his hands in the men’s room, a guy from the office across the hall walked in barefoot. I could think of no logical explanation to ever walk into a public restroom with no footwear. That is beyond disgusting. You couldn’t pay me to do that. We’ve got to get to the bottom of this, I said. It turns out, the barefoot bandit just had foot surgery. Oh, that’s plausible, you might be thinking. But, you’d be wrong! If someone just had their foot operated on, don’t you think it would be prudent to protect the area from foreign bodies? Where was the surgical boot? And why, if only one foot was the issue, would BOTH feet be bare? This same across the hall office person once handed my employee a newspaper on the way into the restroom and said, “Here, you can read this while you’re taking a dump.” Again, true story.

Sorry for the potty-related post. I’ll try to keep these to a minimum but I just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!