Sunday, July 21, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Cheeseburger Casserole

I feel like it's been a long time since I posted a recipe. I've tried some new ones but haven't hung onto many as recipe binder-worthy. This one though......

One-Pot Cheeseburger Casserole: If this sounds gross to you, perhaps you didn't grow up on Hamburger Helper. I will not pretend that I don't love Hamburger Helper. It evokes a nostalgia in me from many stages of my life. In college, Hamburger Helper was a fancy meal for John and me. Truth. However, it's packed with sodium which is not cool. Instead, look to this recipe from No. 2 Pencil. Take all the things that make up a cheeseburger, add pasta and toss out the bun. You've got yourself a meal! I substituted ground turkey for the ground beef because I really only use ground turkey anymore. It also tells you to use a can of whole peeled tomatoes and then you end up cutting them up with scissors anyway. Take a short cut and used diced instead.

You want to know the best part? Pickles on top! I ell ohh vee eee pickles sooooo much but never buy them for fear I'll eat the whole jar. I'm happy to report, the remaining pickles are still in my fridge. I guess I'm growing up. Anyway, cook this one up! Fun for the whole family!

P.S. I have been an ice cream making fool! I pretty much just make up my own recipes but the most recent one we did, Bourbon Cherry Vanilla, is basically identical to the recipe in the current issue of Bon Appetit. I was so proud of myself! Except.....is it possible the B.A. editors are hiding in my pantry and stealing my creations???? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!