Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Stitch Fix

I am in big trouble.

I received my first fix and I want it ALL.

If you're unfamiliar, Stitch Fix is a website that will send you clothing and accessories to try for a $20 styling fee. You keep (and pay for) what you want. Anything that doesn't work gets shipped back within 3 days. The $20 fee is subtracted from your total purchases and if you keep all 5 pieces, you get a 25% discount.

For quite some time, I've been less than enamored with what I've seen in stores so I decided to go rogue. My wardrobe needed a shake up anyway. When you schedule your first fix (dates usually aren't available for about 6 weeks out), you fill out a very detailed questionnaire about your style, sizes, wardrobe needs, likes, dislikes, etc. VERY detailed. If you have an event coming up or if you need work clothes or something specific, you can say that too. You pick your price points (the "as cheap as possible" option means under $50 so it can add up fast) for each category: tops, bottoms, outwear and accessories. I don't need outerwear so I opted out of that. It's all very flexible.

Then, I not so patiently waited for my friendly Fed Ex man to deliver my first Fix. Nervous that I wouldn't like anything. Nervous that I would like everything knowing I shouldn't keep it all.

It finally arrived last week.



Want to take a peek?



Sweater - $98, Corduroy Pants - $78, Infinity Scarf - $34

I love love love these pants! I was a little concerned with their fit when I saw the size but then I put them on and they were perfect. They are from Kut from the Kloth. I now want to go buy them in every single color. I've been looking for red pants for awhile so my stylist was spot on with these.



This chevron scarf. I know. It's so voluminous and lovely and I really wanted to keep it. However, $34 is a bit more than I like to spend on accessories and I was concerned the fabric would snag easily so it went back. Currently, I'm on the hunt for similar fabric to make my own for less. 

The brown sweater was also a great choice. So great that I actually have a nearly identical version. Same exact color and style. I did like the hi-low hem but since I own its twin and it was the most expensive piece in the box at $98, it went back too.

This blouse and necklace were the last two pieces in my fix.





This top it probably not something I would have picked out in the store but I really liked it. Isn't that the whole point of StitchFix? The above picture is actually my Thanksgiving outfit this year. You get a sneak peek. Aren't you lucky! I thought the necklace was interesting and also unlike anything in my wardrobe but at $34, it went back. It was already scratched on the back from the journey and I questioned how much I would really wear it.

They also include these cute styling cards to give you other ideas about how to wear things.





I kept two out of five pieces and mailed the others back in a pre-paid envelope that is included with the box. When you send items back, you can include information about why you didn't like it. Maybe the fit wasn't good or it just didn't look right on you. All the feedback is sent to your stylist so your next Fix can be improved. Had I kept everything it would have cost $210, after the discount. Yowza! I don't ever go to the mall and just drop a couple hundred on clothes and jewelry.

But, I did love my experience enough to schedule another fix. It's coming December 11th! You can set them to come automatically every month but I didn't think my wallet would appreciate that. When you sign up, you pick a date about 6 weeks out. It was sure hard waiting that length of time but it was worth it!

Do you want your own fix? You can sign up through HERE! This is my referral link which means I get a credit for my next fix if you sign up. DO IT! Then you can share the love of Stitch Fix too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!