Thursday, May 8, 2014

Beer Me: Toxic Brewing Co.

The same day we hit up Warped Wing Brewing Co., we also headed over to the Oregon District to check out Toxic Brewing Co. The space, I believe, was converted from a normal bar and it looked like it. Plenty of seating though, indoors and a small outside patio as well. We sat at the bar to peruse the menu.


Eight varieties on tap that day and the friendly barkeep let us know that we could taste all for $14 (or maybe $16). Because I didn’t take good notes, I don’t really remember key points from many of them. I do know there were too many IPA’s on the board for my liking here as well. John enjoyed them though.
They had: Blonde Apple (Belgian blonde), Imperial Orange Cream (imperial cream), Practice Yoga (Session IPA), Gem City Ruby (Amber), Abby Brunette (Belgian Dubbel), Iso-Heaven (IPA), Abby’s Cure (Belgian Tripel), 5th St. Wheat (wheat
I really enjoyed the Blonde Apple, Abby Brunette and 5th Street Wheat. I was a little disappointed not to find anything darker on the menu but that’s okay. Apparently, they are always experimenting and switching things out. More reason to go back!
After the flight, I ordered a pint of the Abby Brunette (this was my fave). I forget what John ordered but he was able to get it in a half pint, which I thought was super cool. They also have growlers to go.

Why You Should Go: Lots of types to try and of course, it’s local. It was a little noisy in there even though there weren’t many people that day but that was due to just one woman who had possibly been over served (or started before she arrived). She was cheering for herself a lot during a rousing game of shuffleboard (is it called shuffleboard when it’s up on a table?) Convenient to so many good restaurants too! Oh, and free popcorn, which I am a total sucker for. Give me popcorn and you’ve got a friend for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!