Monday, June 23, 2014

StitchFix #6







I got my most recent delivery from Stitch Fix back in May before we went to Florida. With all the travelling I've been doing lately, I haven't had a chance to tell you about it until now. I know it seems like I just got one, and I kind of did (in April). Actually, you can sign up to get them monthly but I don't have that kind of money or space in my closet.

Fair Warning: I didn't have time to crop these pics. Sorry about that extra space!

Collective Concepts, Mara Chevron Print & Colorblocked Tank, $58



I really liked the print and color of this tank when I pulled it out of the box. I had specifically requested some items that would be good in Florida and I think this fit the bill. The fabric is a lightweight chiffon but it wasn't see through.


However, the color block at the bottom didn't do me any favors and it's the same color as a blouse I received and kept a couples fixes back.

Verdict: Return


41Hawthorn, Alessandra Striped & Colorblocked Blouse, $54




This navy and neon yellow tank was like nothing in my closet. I really liked the length and it's racerback. Unfortunately, I didn't think it was very flattering on me. A bit too tent-like.

Verdict: Return

Papermoon, Lupita Colorblocked Cross-back Tank, $48


I really loved this one! The colors were unlike anything in my closet. The style was totally new to me. They included a white tank to wear underneath since it is completely sheer. I loved the cross back detail too.





Unfortunately, the craftsmanship on this one was a bit off. There were some seams that seemed unfinished and if I'm spending $50 on a tank top, I'd like the quality to be top notch. Because I was also trying to be judicious and questioned how often I could really wear this (i.e. not to the office).....

Verdict: Return

Under Skies, Olivina Hooded Slub Knit Cardigan, $58



I've actually been needing an outer layer for summer. You don't always want a heavier hoodie or jacket if it's cool at night. I thought this would be perfect for air travel too. Must have layers on a plane. The slub knit is the perfect weight and I dig the pockets.

Want to see the best part?



Hooded!


 Look, I can also cocoon myself in it.

Verdict: KEEP!


Eight Sixty, Kanni Highlow Printed Maxi Dress, $128

And last but not least, a fancy gown for you!


 I adore the Aztec print on this one and the gold hardware at the neckline. It's something I never would have selected on my own but loved it the instant I put it on. It was pretty sheer and has a cotton underlayer for more coverage.



I also really liked the hi-low hem. You could easily belt this for a different look too. Unfortunately, it was well out of my budget. And $30 over the price points I sent. Stitch Fix -- STOP DOING THIS TO ME! Do they honestly think I'm going to throw caution to the wind and pay more than I ever inteded? I guess so or they wouldn't price these things so high. I see plenty of other fixes at lower prices that I love so I don't know what's happening here.

Verdict: Return

Had I kept all five pieces, the cost would have been $244.50 with the 25% discount. Still well over anything I would pay for one shopping trip. I was glad not to have received any accessories in this one though. I don't need any more jewelry or scarves right now.

Interesting turn of events after I posted my last Fix review......a commenter said she also received a few of the pieces I did not keep because they were too expensive. However, they were priced well below (like $60 below) what they were for me. What the heck, StitchFix? I intend to get to the bottom of this. For now, I'm taking a break from them. I don't need any summer clothes right now anyway. But, I'll probably be back......

If you want to give it a shot for yourself (don't let my few sour notes here turn you off of it), PLEASE use my referral link found HERE. I will be your best friend forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!