Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dismayed

I am dismayed and disappointed about many things today but there are 2 in particular that are most egregious. See if you are not dismayed too......

1) While putting away groceries today, we noticed that the boneless, skinless chicken breasts we buy on a very regular basis have 16 g of fat per breast, 12 g saturated. Uh, HUH?! Chicken is supposed to be a healthy meat, right? How come everyone is always preaching about grilled chicken over beef and the fact that it's heart healthy, yada, yada. 12 g SAT FAT! You've got to be flipping kidding me. I might as well be deep frying it instead of constantly trying to find new recipes so that it's not 'just another chicken dinner.' Unbelievable! So now, I'm on a research mission. We usually buy the Meijer brand (FATTY!) and next week I'm going to look at the nutritional chart on the Tyson. I will spring for the Tyson if it contains less fat. And I implore you to check out the packages of chicken in your fridge or freezer and report back with your findings.

2) I love The Soup on E! with Joel McHale. Sometimes, I think Joel McHale looks like my brother-in-law. (No TV yet, buddy.) I find Joel's quips and comments hilarious and so every week when he announces where he'll be performing live I am disappointed. The locations are never anywhere near smelly Dayton. They're almost exclusively west coast. UNTIL NOW! This week, Joel announced that he'll be performing at the Lakewood Civic Center on June 20th. Really? Could it be true! What would Joel McHale be doing in Ohio? So, we check the calendar and sure enough, the 20th is a Saturday. One step closer......... I look up the tickets online today. OVER $100 EACH! Can you believe that ridiculousness? I understand Joel is great and all but Britney, Madonna, U2...even these HUGE names have tickets for less than one hundred hard earned dollars (times two). So, bye bye McHale. Hello boring evening at home June 20th. So much for creating some excitement in life.

Utterly dismayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!