Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Underwear Challenge

Like many others, cardholder or not, I am constantly getting coupons for a Free Panty (only time that word will appear here) at Victoria's Secret. These coupons often come with another deal: $10 off one bra, etc. In the past, I let many of these coupons go unused. Sometimes I was just lazy, sometimes I felt guilty walking in there saying, "Which underwear is free?" and "No, just the underwear today." I got over that guilt part. I now make a beeline to the back cotton P table and quickly voice that question to the nearest bum-rushing sales girl as if to say, "You will not make a sale off me today. Just the free pair please!"

I will admit, my underwear wardrobe is rather large. This is a holdover from my days at OU when it was necessary to have nearly 30+ pairs to ensure that I would make it to the next laundry day. However, I had a revelation the other day when I received what was probably my 3rd coupon in one month. How long can I go without actually purchasing a pair of underwear? In this self-imposed challenge, I will only use my free "P" coupons. I will not physically purchase a pair until I absolutely must. No, I will not wear nasty old ones just to keep the challenge going. I do have some self respect. But, think about how much underwear you buy in a month. Not that much, right? Not that much unless underwear is your thing. It's not my thing. Shoes are my thing. So I feel as though these coupons could sustain me for quite some time. And here's the catch, the more use them, the more they keep sending them to you. Maybe you didn't know this. It's how store coupons work. They want you to continue shopping in their store. Although, what I will be doing cannot really be considered shopping. I plan to spend money on other things at VS. I'm considering a new bathing suit and they have this new bra that's intriguing. Funnily enough, the ad for that bra came with......a free P coupon + $25 off 2 bras. Boy they are really trying to sucker me in with that one!

Check back for progress and feel free to take the challenge yourself!

1 comment:

  1. this cracks me up. we are underwear opposites. i have not bought new underwear since 2006 and i still have underwear from high school. shocking but true.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!