Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Multiple Bles8ings

Yes, I am technically a fan of the TLC show Jon & Kate + 8. In the beginning, the show was entertaining. Now, it's maddening to watch Kate's behavior, and yet I tune in weekly. Did they run out of decent footage of her so they're just showing how she really is? I digress. This is about her book, Multiple Bles8ings, in which she forces the S into an 8. Super clever, no? No. Anyway, I wasn't going to read this but Britt said it was a fast read and she wanted to know what I thought about it so when I saw it on the Express shelf of my local refuge, I grabbed it. It took me less than 2 hours to read. That's not usually the sign of a thought-provoking book. Kate starts at the beginning of her relationship with Jon, covers her pregnancy with Mady and Cara and on through giving birth to the sextuplets. As a show-watcher, I didn't learn anything new by reading this book. I'm not sure she really thought about the audience the book was targeting. She couldn't have offered any extra tidbits of information not gleaned from 4 seasons on TV for the world? I don't have a lot to say, and neither did she. I guess for my griping about it being such a fast read, I'm glad I didn't spend any more time on this one. Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!