Monday, July 9, 2012

I Hate Everyone....Starting With Me

**Full trip report coming up when I have a little time. It deserves more than one day to pack in the recap of the fun!**


Source

In the meantime.....I read this book before vacation and didn't get around to reviewing it. Honestly, I have no idea why I borrowed this from the library. Sometimes I'll watch Fashion Police on E! and think Joan Rivers has some good one-liners. So, I suppose in the interest of broadening my literary horizons, I picked up I Hate Everyone....Starting With Me by Joan Rivers.

I probably should have known from the title that this wasn't going to be a very uplifting book. Still, I forged on. Luckily, it only took me a couple hour sessions to slog through this one. Rivers takes shots at one group after another, discussing why she hates them. She doesn't just focus on various ethnicities or races either. No one is safe. While there were some moments I found humorous, most of the book was just beating a dead horse. I can offer up just as much snark as the next girl but Joan is the Snark Queen and this book is chock full of her musings. Eventually, it got old. You can skip this one.

Rating: * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!