Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Skinny Rules

My apologies for the double book review this week. Vacation = reading and I had a backlog of reviews for you.


Source

I borrowed The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Non-negotiable Principles for Getting to THIN by Bob Harper from the library after seeing an interview with him about it on the Today Show. I’m always looking for new tips to stay healthy and I am a fan of Bob’s from his coaching role on The Biggest Loser. He seems to get results the smart way. I’m not here for a quick fitness fix. No fad diets for me.


The Skinny Rules are comprised of 20 rules he suggests you follow to achieve your weight loss goals and stay as healthy as possible. Most of them were pretty intuitive to me or a regurgitation of other things I already knew. He also presents meal plans and recipes to follow if you so choose. While I thought a lot of the book was repetitive for someone who is pretty well-read in the health arena, someone looking for a good plan to follow would really benefit from this book. His rules are laid out in a manageable, easy-to-follow format. The one rule I have incorporated is drinking a glass of water as soon as I wake up. I drink water all day but it doesn’t usually start until after 10:00 am and my morning coffee. Sleep is dehydrating but more importantly, drinking that water can help jumpstart your metabolism earlier in the day. I also made the hummus in Harper's recipe section and would like to try more recipes available there.

If you’re looking for a little health knowledge, this is a good place to start. Give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!