Sunday, July 1, 2012

Recipe Reblog #22

Asian and Italian this week, a culinary journey.

Hot and Cold Sesame Noodles: I love me some peanut sauce! If you've never had Thai food or something with peanut sauce, this is a good gateway meal. After perusing the recipes I had starred in a specific Rachael Ray cookbook, I made it for lunch last weekend. It came together very quickly in 20 minutes or less, half of which was water boiling time. In addition to the noodles and peanut sauce, it also has broccoli slaw and bean sprouts. Carbs, veggies and some protein make a well-rounded meal. The noodles were still warm the first day but I ate the leftovers cold and it was just as tasty. Give this one a shot!

Salad Capriccosa: Another Rachael Ray recipe from her 365: No Repeats cookbook! Like I said, I was digging out recipes from my books instead of trolling other blogs for new meals to cook. In an effort to branch out on our Tuesday night Salad Supper, I decided this salad looked pretty delicious. A bed of romaine cradles, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, peas, bocconcini (mozzarella balls) and a quick homemade vinaigrette. I skipped the mushrooms as we are not fans. I also skipped the prosciutto because I didn't feel like buying it. Here's a tip on the artichoke hearts -- a can of them is $3.00, pretty pricey if you ask me. Instead, see if your store has artichoke hearts on their make your own salad bar (mine did!). I was able to get the amount I need for just under a buck.

This salad was so delicious! All of the classic Italian toppings came together perfectly for a light but filling salad. Please try this! It was very tasty and not much beats fresh, salty mozz if you can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!