Sunday, August 12, 2012

Recipe Reblog #25

Last weekend, we hosted our wine night with a theme of VinOlympics. When caught up in Olympic fever, add wine! We chose wines from around the world and the menu also came from assorted countries. The appetizer round wasn't too foreign but it was delicious. I'm quite proud of myself for coming up with a crostini trio. I cannot believe I didn't take a picture. One topped with bruschetta (from my garden!), one topped with a honey-lemon ricotta and strawberries, and one topped with this.........

Sun-Dried Tomato Jam: This is a Giada recipe from the Food Network. It uses a jar of sun-dried tomatoes and a few other ingredients and coaxes them into a savory jam. Let me tell you, mine never jammed up. I simmered the heck out of it too but there was too much liquid. No matter. My guests and I could not get enough of this! It was extremely tasty. Packed with flavor! Hers has you add goat cheese too but we skipped that part. This recipe is also relatively low maintenance as once the pot is going, you just let it simmer. I made my own crostinis in the oven but you could certainly do storebought. Serve this stunner at your next get together!

P.S. Blogger told me all the Italian words in this post were spelled incorrectly. Mi scusi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!