Sunday, August 26, 2012

Recipe Reblog


Two summery recipes for you this week!
Perfect Summer Panzanella: A quintessential summer side dish. Still plenty of time to enjoy those fresh from the garden veggies before summer wanes.  If you’re unfamiliar, panzanella is a combination of cubed bread, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and a vinegar/oil dressing. It’s light and refreshing and this was the first time I had ever made it. We thought it was quite tasty. However, the leftovers were pretty soggy. Best to eat this all in one sitting. Mixed up quick and easy. Give this a try!
Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken: This recipe comes from an old issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. June 2007, to be exact. The back of the page has a side dish I made years ago but I had never mixed up this recipe on the flip side. This was a good summer recipe too. The chicken gets salted and peppered and grilled like normal, then the sauce is brushed on when finished. It was sweet with a hint of heat and you probably have all ingredients in your pantry. Grill it up tonight!
You guys. My feet are throbbing. I went to Zumba in the Parking Lot just before I typed this up. It was 2 hours of straight zumba on asphalt. I want to die. Or just be carried everywhere for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!