Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday Things

-Can we all agree that not much can perk you up more than a good hair day? When each strand is perfectly placed, your smile gets that much wider.
-It’s mid-August and I have had not nearly enough soft serve ice cream cones with sprinkles this year. I don’t care if they don’t have any flavor. The sprinkles make it.
-Is it safe to assume if my tomato plant has but one lonely fruit on it by now, it won’t produce any more? I have two others that are doing much better but the beefsteaks just aren’t cutting it.
-I wish I had the money and time to go to hot yoga every day of the week. It is the workout I most look forward to lately. I haven’t been to zumba in months and I don’t really miss it. I guess my tastes have changed.
-Driving is probably one of my least favorite things in the world but at the end of the month, I will gladly buckle up for the 8 hour drive to visit my sister, brother-in-law and nephews. Can.Not.WAIT!
-I really have a thirst for shopping but I should not be buying anything for my closet right now. The amount of clothing, shoes, purses, etc. I own is embarrassing and I’m fairly certain I could go an entire year without repeating an outfit. Is that a blessing or a curse?
-I feel guilty that we haven’t really accomplished any big house projects yet this year. Only 4 more months to get something done…..or not.
-When I run outside, it’s really difficult to temper the desire to belt out my playlist at the top of my lungs. I know I mouth along to them and people probably think I’m a weirdo so would it be better if I just sang? Also, sometimes I drum the air with my fingers. People who see me on a regular basis probably have not-so-nice nicknames for me. Kind of like how John and I see a girl all the time who we call "T-Rex Arms." Picture it. My running jam of late is Darius Rucker’s cover of Wagon Wheel. I’ve got the harmony dead on. 
-United still refuses to give me my air miles for our return flight from Paris from May and I think I’m giving up the fight. Word of warning: do not throw away your ticket until the miles show up on your account. Your only chance of redeeming them is to email a copy of said ticket, which I, of course, tossed the second we were stateside.

-Kiehl’s discontinued my tinted moisturizer earlier this year and I have yet to find a suitable replacement. Why, Kiehl’s? Why? Don't you want my $29.50 every six months?
That's all I got today. What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!