Sunday, March 16, 2014

Recipe Reblog: Bailey's Puppy Chow

I have to tell you something you may not like.

I am not Irish and therefore I do not celebrate St. Patrick's Day. To me, it's a non-holiday. This is an unpopular opinion, I am aware. Certainly if the amount of parades that happen across the country are any indication, I am in the minority. But, I have a strict rule. If I don't decorate for it, it doesn't count. My husband and in-laws (along with millions of others), however, really happen to enjoy this day. Because I love them all (my family - not the millions of others), I made this recipe to contribute.

Bailey's Irish Cream Puppy Chow: Can you believe I've never made puppy chow? Truth. I also didn't feel like buying Bailey's just for this recipe so I bought the knock-off, Carolan's. Let me tell you. The Carolan's was delightful! I also bought the knock-off Rice Chex. They were called Rice Bitz, with a Z. I bought the brand of the candy melts though, only because they don't make a knock-off of those. OK, now that we're all caught up. A word of warning, if you're going to double the recipe, as I did, be sure to double the amount of Bailey's or your melted chocolate will not reach the desired consistency. Mine did not turn out as pretty as the picture (shocker), but it was still darn tasty. Use a spatula for mixing instead of a wooden spoon. The wooden spoon was much too harsh and broke a lot of my Bitz. No matter. It was downright tasty, all the same. Just a hint of Bailey's flavor and a festive green color!

You still have time to make this for tomorrow. You know, if you're celebrating and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!