Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bathroom BFF

I have a new bathroom BFF at work. She's a stall talker, which I do not condone. She also, I think, continues talking to me after I have left the bathroom. I would try to get on a different schedule but I drink so much water that I go to the bathroom pretty much every hour.

Yesterday

BBFF: Oooh, girl you look cute today.

Ashley: Oh, thanks.

BBFF: Love those ruby red slippers.

Ashley: Thanks.

(I had red shoes on.)

Today

BFF: Another cute outfit!

Ashley: Thanks.

BFF: You know, I have a skirt like that but am I too old to wear it?

(I had a floral A-line knee length skirt on. I don’t think it looks very young at all, and she was wearing a printed skirt.)

Ashley: No, I don’t think so. (this is the first time I’ve actually made eye contact with her and she has major wrinkles but that’s the only giveaway of her age)

BFF: So you just wear a short sleeve shirt with it?
Ashley: Well, or a blouse or something.

BFF: Oh, yeah. See I used to have my 22 year old who kept my outfits hip but she graduated and now I have to rely on you.

Ummm....okay. I suppose that's flattering. But, BBFF, should you really be dressing like your 22 year old daughter anyway? Or emulating the next closest person in age that you see on a daily basis. Also, if I have a not so cute outfit on one day, what kind of comments will I get. This is a lot of pressure on a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!