Sunday, May 3, 2009

Crossroads

Guys, I am in a literary quandary. The last two books I started I couldn't finish. I have a small stack from the library but I'm not itching to pick any of them up. I don't know what to do. The books I really want to read I'm still on the wait list for. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like I haven't read anything that I've been completely wowed bylately and that's sad. I always like to have a good suggestion of something I've just read when others ask me but if anyone asked me today, "What should I read next?" I'd have to defer to an older one that I liked. I guess I can't expect all books to be winners. Especially not when you read as much as I do. But, I better get back on track or I'm not going to hit my 35 books for 2009.

This weekend I was duped, once again, by coupons. I hate when that happens. I've had my eye on this dress for weeks but it wasn't on sale. "No matter," I said, "I'll just wait for a coupon." It was a glorious day when I received the $25 off $60 coupon in the mail and I made plans to visit the mall this very weekend. I even talked John into going with me expressing the caveat at the beginning of the trip that I would need to try things on. So, into the dressing room I went, arms full of possibility. I found many pieces I liked however, the dress I'd be pining for was disappointing. The large was too big; the medium too short. BLAST! I spent a long time weighing prices and options and ended up with 3 blouses for work and a pair of capris, all things I needed and not just frivolous purchases! Well, at the register, of course, the blouses were not ringing up per the sign. When I questioned the rather snotty salesgirl, she said the 60% off sign was just for the ugly blouses right below it. (I added the 'ugly'.) I hemmed and hawed for a bit and ultimately walked out sans dress and spending more than I wanted, but still getting items I needed. Although I did have to buy the capris in my fat size. (That's what I get for shopping at stores whose sizes are not consistent. Or that's what I'm telling myself.) The main problem was this: when I shop I like to enjoy what I've just purchased. This time, I felt guilty for spending more than I wanted. I was in a funk the rest of the afternoon.

I was cheered up by dinner with friends and fat free Cold Stone. YUM! Also, my mama comes in 3 days. WHEEEE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!