Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little Bit Wicked

I had put myself on the hold list for A Little Bit Wicked, an autobiography by Kristen Chenoweth, not really knowing what to expect. I am a fan of her performances and thought that reading about her life would provide an interesting tale. I was right. Chenoweth’s path to fame is probably similar to a lot of other Broadway/TV/Movie stars’ paths but her writing style is very conversational and it endeared me to her even more than before. I don’t suspect many other stars could do the same. Her southern roots and Christian upbringing that sculpt her personality shine through at every turn. Her ladder was long and sometimes not so cheery but she kept plugging away. This is a short review. Sorry. If you like Chenoweth, you’ll get a kick out of the book. If you have no clue who she is, you probably won’t care for it. There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!