Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderfully sugar-charged Easter. We didn't do much here at Chez G. The Easter Bunny brought me a PedEgg. Am I the last person in the world to acquire one of these? I feel like they've been on the shelves forever. Was I finally influenced by television marketing? Those women in robes sitting on the sides of their tubs, scraping away the dead skin on their heels. Is that what did it for me? Not really. The Easter Bunny brought me a PedEgg because he knows I want to keep up my soft feet between pedicures. I don't get pedicures often. Only once or twice a year. In fact, my next pedicure will be had in Florida, 13 days from now! I didn't want the nice Asian woman painting my nails to be utterly disgusted by my feet. Thus, the PedEgg.

Have you ever used one of these before? I was under the impression that they were battery operated. You know, so all you had to do was hold it up to your foot and it would slough away the skin. Oh, no no. How wrong I could be! This thing is manual, yo. So, you scrape and scrape with a cheese grater looking file and when you're finished, you open up the egg to reveal some of the nastiest business you have ever seen. That's right. All your dead skin in a little pile. Thanks, PedEgg, for holding onto this for me! Once you get past the gross part, the PedEgg does a decent job. I got it on sale for $8.00 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Totally worth it.

Now that you're all hungry. I want to pass along a delightfully refreshing dessert recipe. This is what I served on Easter knowing that I would be having plenty of fatty desserts this week for my birthday. It's a Lemon Tart with Blueberry Sauce from Eat Better America, which means it's low fat, low cal, high on flavor. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!