Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mas Vino!


Do you know what this is? It's a whole case of wine, y'all! For my birthday, my parents gave me a gift card to a wine shop back home and I cashed in this past weekend! I was looking forward to trying a myriad of different varietals so I sought the assistance of the wine purveyor in this cellar. And let me tell you, this was a true cellar. John could not stand up straight and there was wine as far as the eye could see. She hooked me up with some of everything and I also chose some local Ohio wines to try as well. I happen to really like Ohio wines although I'm sure a true connoisseur (I had to look up the spelling of that. And I pride myself on being a good speller but I could not figure that one out on my own) might turn their nose up at a Niagara or Catawba. Whatevs. Mama like. So stay tuned for full wine reviews in the coming weeks. John thinks this case will last quite awhile. Silly rabbit.

In other booze news......did you know they make sweet tea flavored vodka?? I discovered this at a tiki bar on vacation. The drink of the day was sweet tea vodka and lemonade. An alcoholic Arnold Palmer! Now, vodka is not my favorite because if I have too much, it gives me a wicked hangover. Moreso than any other alcohol. But this concoction was delightful! Plus I only had 1 1/2 drinks. Not enough to do any real damage. It was very refreshing. John claims he's seen this vodka at our local liquor store. If that's true, I don't know why we've never bought it before. We love us some sweet tea! This is on the shopping list for next time for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!