Sunday, April 3, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #13

I made it three months of keeping my resolution. YEA! What can I say? I'm awesome. Although, I'm over these cold temps. Because it's now April, the weather can warm up anytime. I'm ready to sip sangria outside! Two new recipes because, if you forgot, I'm awesome. Spicy Potatoes and Peas with Chicken: This is in the March 2011 issue of Everyday Food from Martha Stewart. Martha posts a lot of recipes online but not the newest ones. If you want it, e-mail me! I had pretty high hopes for this one. Let's just say it did not meet our expectations. For having the word 'spicy' in the title there just wasn't much flavor at all. I don't think I'll be making this again. Sorry, Martha. Pasta Salad Dressing: I do a great job at meal planning during the week. John and I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday, pack our lunch for work, and plan dinners a week in advance. The area I don't do so well on is weekend lunches. We inevitably end up eating out way more than we should and consuming way more calories than we should because of this. Determined not to fall into that trap last Sunday, I opened my pantry and freezer. This is often problematic because I'm not one of those people who just buy random ingredients at the store (See above sentences re: meal planning). However, I happened to have half a box of pasta and I always have frozen veggies on hand. Ta-da! Pasta Salad. What I didn't have was dressing. Enter Robert Irvine's recipe from the Food Network. This was so tasty! I liked that it called for dried herbs. So many recipes really sing with only fresh and I get annoyed at buying fresh herbs specifically for recipes. I can't wait until it's garden season. But, this dressing was light and herby. A perfect compliment to the pasta and veggeis. Best part? I had everything on hand so I could make it again whenever I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!