Monday, April 4, 2011

Swirly Girl - Simplicity 2725


No joke, I started sewing this dress probably in the spring of 2010 or earlier. For some reason, I put it away. I think I must have gotten tripped up by the facing and fusible web. No more do these things befuddle a master sewer such as myself. I found the remnants of this unfinished object while I was organizing my sewing stash trying to convince John I needed to go to JoAnn's again. He wasn't buying it so I figured I finish this up instead.




It's from Simplicity's Project Runway line. You can also make a mini version but mini doesn't cut it in the office. I chose the more modest length. Of course you can purchase this online here, or just wait for a good JoAnn's sale. I try not to spend more than a buck or two on patterns because they are always going on sale. The fabric is a simple cotton with a black background and swirly white dots. Like an optical illusion -- except not really.




This pattern was super simple. Because it's from the Project Runway line, they offer up a lot of different embellishment options to make it your own. I stuck with the original pattern. Clean lines and a little elastic around the cap sleeves. Easy peasy!


Please excuse the following face/hair.




John was so not in the mood for re-takes. It was cold and he had a coat on. I don't know what he was complaining about. Look! Another item to wear over leggings. I think belting it really helps. Yes, it's a simple A-line dress but otherwise, it doesn't have very much shape to it. Also, I was much larger when I cut this the first time. I had to take in the side seams a good 2 inches. Go Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!