Monday, December 24, 2012

Pre-Christmas Beer

One last Christmas beer before the big day? Why not?


Sorry about the blurry photo

This is 5 Golden Rings from The Bruery. I have overlooked this for weeks at the store due to price ($10.00 for a 22 oz. bottle). But I kept reading good things about it and my friend also read good things so on the final weekend before Christmas, I loosened the purse strings.

From the website: "5 Golden Rings is the 5th verse in our ‘12 Days of Christmas’ winter seasonal ale series. The only golden ale in the bunch, we spiced up the natural pause in the classic song with cinnamon, allspice and ginger along with the delicious sweet and tangy flavor of pineapple."


I was all set to love this one but truthfully, it was a big let down. The addition of pineapple was a bit strange (and I usually like strange). The spices weren't forward enough for me either. It was an okay beer if you aren't hoping for one that screams HOLIDAY! But otherwise, kind of a disappointment.


Merry Christmas Eve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!