Thursday, December 12, 2013

Beer Me: Fistmas Holiday Ale

Ah, the Christmas beer season is in full swing! I have been drinking my old standbys for awhile now and I hope to do a Top 10 (or 5) post for you soon. I am running out of time though. Less than two weeks until Christmas. EEK! But, I do have one here for you today that is new to me this year.



This is Fistmas Holiday Ale from Revolution Brewing Co. Bonus points for the cool can design, right? Its rich amber red color is quite festive too.

From the site: "Red ale brewed for the holiday season with specialty malts to achieve a beautiful deep red hue and the aromas of fresh baked bread, caramel, and stone fruits. Steeped with ginger root and orange peel."

What I Thought: Well, this wasn't as Christmasy as I wanted it to be. There was really only the slightest hint of ginger and I like a bit more spice this time of year. I also detected a bit more hops than I like to come through. It was an okay brew at $9.99 for a 6-pack but I probably wouldn't try it again. If red ales are your thing, you'll probably like this. But if you crave dark, warming beer this time of year, skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!