Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NYE

365 days ago we were in this very same spot. December 31st is often a day of reflection. Another year in the books, a fresh start just around the corner.

I have now been spilling my thoughts here for 5 years, about to embark upon a sixth. Admittedly, by now I thought I would be discovered as a blogging phenom and have several published books under my belt (although truthfully - I have never aspired to write a book so I'm not sure where I came up with that dream.) Clearly, my goals were a tad too lofty. I quickly realized that wouldn't be happening but I kept writing all the same. My readership has grown at a snail's pace but I'm thankful for all my loyal readers. You may not like all my posts but you come back anyway. I'd like to think you've grown with me over the years too.

You've gone through life changes and exciting times, just like I have. When things weren't going your way, you moped about it just like me. In the end, the sun rises each day whether you want it to or not. Your only choice is to face it with a positive attitude. Something I've been working much harder on and have noticed a huge difference in my outlook on life because of it. If there's someone or something in your life spreading negativity and bringing you down, get rid of it! And don't feel guilty.

I don't mean to get deep on you. I'm really not a philosophical person in the least. Next week, I'll be back to my normal recipes, mileage tallies, and embarrassing stories.

I don't know what Ashley See, Ashley Does has in its future but, I sure am glad you're here.

Live happy, folks. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!