Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Make It: Knitted Headband

When the temperatures in Ohio reach the frigid category, I reach for my knitting needles. I made myself a couple cowls recently. A girl can never have too many cowls, although I would be embarrassed to count my collection. I wanted a project that would use up some small amounts of leftover yarn and came across the perfect one.




I made up my own pattern on this and I think it turned out okay. When I put it on and grinned at my handiwork, John said it was cute but looked a little like a flapper hat. Beg pardon?

 I used my size 13 needles with a partial skein of Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn (one of my faves!). I cast on 14 stitches and went to town with my seed stitch. Seed is my absolute favorite stitch in the whole wide universe. To be fair, I only know 3 stitches but I adore its result.



I wanted to make the headband look like a giant bow but I only sort of succeeded. The center of the bow sticks out from my head a bit more than I'd like. I'm working on a second one now with smaller needles and thinner yarn so we'll see if that helps.


I didn't make any Christmas presents this year, which is odd for me. I also have no plans to sew a Christmas outfit like I did last year and the year before. But, we're about 2 weeks out from Christmas so chances are good that next week, I'll decide it's a good time to start that project.




What have you been creating lately??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!